The Road To Victorious is an exciting new competition for 2023, open to bands based within the PO postcode area.
We’re looking for one talented local band, that we can help support onto the next rung of the industry ladder.
A panel of festival experts will shortlist three bands from the submissions, who will then go to a public vote. The band with the most votes will go on to win the ultimate band experience, beginning with recording a single, video session and leading up to a string of exciting festival slots. Starting in Oxfordshire at Truck Festival, then on to Sheffield for Tramlines! The following weekend takes in Kendal Calling and finishes at the end of August, here at Victorious Festival.
All the stress of touring is taken care of as we load into a 16-berth sleeper bus, complete with a full crew including a tour manager, front-of-house sound, stage manager and documentary filmmaker/photographer.
We even have you covered for pre-gig rehearsal time courtesy of Casemates Studios in Portsmouth!
Finally, you can discuss and develop your future band plans during one-to-one sessions with industry experts Dave Cronen (Trust Management – Johnny Marr/Beastie Boys/We Are ScientistsThe Bug Club) and Tristan Ivemy (Record Producer, Mixer, Composer – Lottery Winners/Frank Turner/The Holloways)
All of the action will be documented and shared across Victorious Festivals’ social media channels.
The PO postcode includes Portsmouth & Southsea, the Isle of Wight, Havant, Waterlooville, Lee-on-the-Solent, Gosport, Fareham, Emsworth, Hayling Island and southwestern West Sussex (including Chichester and Bognor Regis).
Entries must be received before midnight on Friday 3rd March 2023.
- Play Truck, Tramlines, Kendal Calling and Victorious Festival.
- Travel to select festival dates on a 16-Berth sleeper bus with a full tour crew including a tour manager, front-of-house sound, stage manager and documentary filmmaker/photographer.
- Record a single and video studio session.
- Single artwork in conjunction with Portsmouth Creates.
- Pre-gig rehearsal time at Casemates Studios.
- One-to-one sessions with industry experts Dave Cronen (Trust Management) and Tristan Ivemy (Record Producer, mixer, composer).
Terms & Conditions
Full T&C’s are available below, and can also be found HERE
- These terms and the Victorious Events Policy (Terms) constitutes the agreement between the user (You) and Victorious Events in relation the participation by You and your band (Act) in The Road To Victorious (the Competition).
- Entry to the Competition is subject at all times to agree to the Terms by each member of your Act.
- Victorious Events reserves the right to refuse entry to any band in its absolute and sole discretion.
- Entry is limited to one recorded performance (Submission) by every Act and every participant and must be made through the official submission form.
All Submissions must be received before midnight on Friday 3rd March 2023 in order for an Act to participate in the Competition.
- All entrants must be 18 years or over as of the 1st June 2023.
- All entrants must be available on 21st & 22nd July, 28th & 29th July and 26th August 2023 to travel to and perform at Victorious Festival, Truck Festival, Tramlines Festival & Kendal Calling.
- To enter the Competition You must upload Your Submission onto the Website in the manner detailed on the Website and fully complete the online entry form. False, incorrect or incomplete information on entry forms will deem the entry invalid and make the Act ineligible to enter the Competition.
- Victorious Events shall have no liability for any expenses incurred by You or your Act when creating any Submission for the Competition.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your Submission.
- Original material only.
- You warrant that You have and continue to have, all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions necessary for the use of all content in your Submission, including in particular any intellectual property rights in any images or music contained therein and agree to hold Victorious Events fully harmless from any third party if your submission should breach their rights. This means, without limitation, that Your Submission must not be a cover version, contain samples, or otherwise contain any third-party music or lyrics.
- Breach of these Terms disentitles an Act from participating in the Competition. Victorious Events reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of entries and Acts and in its sole discretion to disqualify any Act who it believes has failed to comply with these Terms or engages in any unlawful or other improper misconduct (including but not limited to tampering or interfering with the entry mechanism in any way) or acts in a manner which is likely to bring Victorious Events and/or the Competition into disrepute (including but not limited to being under the influence of drugs or alcohol or engaging in conduct likely to cause harm to themselves, other participants or any other third party).
- Victorious Events decision in relation to all matters pertaining to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Full details of what You need to do to enter and progress through the Competition, the different stages of the Competition, the prizes are provided on the Website.
- Victorious Events reserves the right to change the format and details of the Competition for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to number of entries, time constraints and any unforeseen incidents and to substitute alternative prizes of an equivalent value to the prizes offered, if necessary.
- The prizes in the Competition or any unused portion thereof are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-negotiable and cannot be taken as cash.
- You agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, recorded and photographed and use of the same in accordance with the rights granted above.
- Victorious Events shall not be held liable for any lost or late, illegible or inaccessible Submissions or for loss of data (including the deletion, corruption or failure to store submitted Submissions) or damage due to malfunction of or trouble with devices used to provide the Website, or any part of the communication network.
- Victorious Events shall not be liable in any circumstances (including negligence) for any direct or indirect damages for any loss of data that results from your use of the Website (including in relation to any viruses or other similar computer related damage).
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, no conditions, warranties or other terms apply to the Competition.
- Should the Competition, in Victorious Events sole opinion, be compromised by any event beyond Victorious Events control or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, Victorious Events reserves the right at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, amend or extend the Competition without liability to You or any other any participants.
- Victorious Events will occasionally contact You to alert You of news relevant to your Submission.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.